Thursday, January 14, 2010

Transitioning Update

Hello Bellas,

Last week, after cowashing my hair I took of picture of my new growth. If you are new to my blog you may not know that I am transitioning from relaxed hair, to natural hair. If you would like to know how I reached this decision click here. My last relaxer was in March 2009, so that means I'm 10 months post relaxer! I am AMAZED I was able to transition this long, and with the help of half wigs, the rest of my journey should be a breeze!  I'm planning to transition for a total of 2 1/2 years. So, that means I have about 20 more months until I'm 100% natural. However, I may end my transition at 24 months. It really just depends on how long my unstretched natural hair is. So, here are my comparison pictures. The first picture was taken September 2009, and the second picture was taken January 2010. I'm happy with the progress I'm making, and I look forward to the journey ahead.


I know I'm not the only one on a journey towards healthy hair. What journey are you on?
Are you transitioning? Or thinking about transitioning? Or happily relaxed? Or happily natural?
Let me know in the comment section.

Until Next Time,
Southern Bella

6 comments:

Rosh said...

Happily transistioning at 11 months post (yea us!) I started Feb 10, 2009 shortly after joining Hairlista.

SouthernBella said...

@Bad}Me{Good- Congrats on your transition! I think if more women who are interested in "going natural" knew how easy it was, more would transition. I've had NO problems so far. Actually, the longer I transition, the easier it goes. I stick to my regimen, and wear my half wigs. Piece of cake!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Dani Gantt said...

I am fully natural, but transitioning STILL because of heat damage.

WATCH OUT FOR THE HEAT DAMAGE MY NATURAL FRIENDS, because no one told me I could permanently straighten my curls just from the flat iron. I'm basically transitioning all over again and it sucks.

SouthernBella said...

@Dani,

Yep, that's why I started wearing half-wigs. I am so scared of heat damage. I'll be gathering information about how to prevent heat damage, and posting a blog about it in the future. I hope your transition goes better this time around. And thanks for the comment. Enter the giveaway, you could win a free lotion (an $18 value.) :)

Marci said...

Hey girl, I started transitioning as well. My last relaxer was 10/31/09, so i'm about 3 1/2 months post. I switch up between buns and wigs. Happy hair growing!

SouthernBella said...

@Marci- Congrats on your decision, and welcome to the club. For some reason, I knew sooner or later, you would transition, I just had a feeling. :)

Girl, wigs make transitioning SOOOOO easy! I wouldn't be able to make it without them. What wigs are you rocking? Full? Half? Lace fronts? I want some details! LOL!