Monday, January 4, 2010

Wig Review: Outre "Tammy" Half Wig

Hello Bellas,

This is the wig review for the much talked-about "Tammy" by Outre. I LOVE HER!!! She is soft, light, and utterly lovely!

                                                            
Here are some of your F.A.Q:

*How much was it? Where did you buy it?   $14.39 @ Hairsisters.com after Christmas Sale.
*What's the inside of the cap like?   This half wig has a drawstring, a comb in the front, and a short comb in the back.
*Does it tangle a lot?   No! Not at all! Especially if you finger comb it a few times throughout the day.
*How long do you think it will last?   Since I don't put ANY products on her whatsoever, I believe that she is capable of lasting for months at a time.
*Is it comfortable?   She is very comfortable to wear. Keep in mind that I am a member of the "Big Head Club" and she fits my dome like a glove. The presence of the drawstring allows me to wear her without having to use bobby pins on the sides for extra security.

*My Personal Review:
Since I started wearing this wig 3 days ago I have been overwhelmed with compliments from friends, family, and even more so, strangers! This wig looks so natural....pictures really don't do it justice! I don't even bother to blend my real hair in with her. I just slide her on, and slide on a head band. At night, I take her off, spray her with a little water, finger comb, and put a net cap on her. In the morning, she is wavy, and looks brand new!! I got her in a color 2, and she is a medium brown, with hints of golden highlights in sunlight. She is the perfect length for me as well (bra strap.) She has a few layers framing the face, but they are subtle. As for her thickness.......Bellas, she is BIG, but thankfully I love big hair so I am not overwhelmed by her "divaness." However, some of you more down to earth Bellas may want to thin her out, or just consider a different wig altogether. I'm telling you, she is not for the faint of heart. But in my humble opinion, all ladies need at least one wild wig in their stash. You never know when you might need it! (wink, wink)

In closing, even though I love all of the wigs I purchased during my haul, I like Tammy the best! I am ordering 3 more of her, just in case Hairsisters decides to jack up the prices, or Outre decides to stop making her all together. I think Tammy is going to be my Signature Hair for 2010!

*Pictures:
 
So Bellas, what do you think? Have you been thinking about getting into the wig game? Tell me what you think about "Tammy" and/or half wigs period, in the comment section. As always, I hope this review was informative and helpful.

Until Next Time,
Southern Bella

13 comments:

Krystal Covington said...

This is a nice wig. I need to try the wavy look one day.

SouthernBella said...

@ Envy- Thanks! Since I'm transitioning, I tend to lend more toward the wavy/curly types of half wigs. Thanks for the comment and welcome to my blog! :)

Diary of a Hair Obsession said...

You complain about a big dome but trust me girl these wigs look good on you. I'm not so lucky and because of it I'm reluctant to purchase online without trying it first. I did recently purchase a couple wigs while vacationing in the US though with the intention of using them as protective styles, so we will see if I ever wear them. :)

SouthernBella said...

@ Diary- Aww, thanks for the compliment! If it weren't for these wigs I wouldn't be able to transition. I'm almost 10 months post relaxer and these two textures are CRAZY!

As for you and your wigs, wear them around the house for a few days just to get used to wearing them. That way when you wear them outside you won't feel like you're wearing a hair hat! LOL

P.S.- A tip about the cap sizes for wigs: Most wig companies only produce one cap size, so if one Beverly Johnson wig is too small or too big, most likely ALL of the Beverly Johnson wigs will have the same fit. (I had to learn this the hard way. LOL)

Good Luck! & Let me know how the wig-wearing goes! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been going natural fo 6 months and I jus ordered this wig. Can you send me pics of different ways you wear yours to give me som ideas...youreemaddox@hotmail.com

SouthernBella said...

@ anonymous- Hi, what I love about this wig is how simple it is to wear. I only wear it with my hair slicked back underneath the wig. Then I put on a strechable headband to cover the welt.

However, if you would like to wear some of your hair out, I think it would be best to learn how to blend to the two textures. To do this, I am encouraging you to watch April's YouTube tutorial for the Tammy Wig: http://www.youtube.com/user/muffinismylovers?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/28/QqiwTBMMlvs

I hope this helps! :)

BrownEyedBookworm said...

Thanks for posting pics! I'm transitioning as well and getting into lace wigs and half wigs. This look is really pretty and something I think I will try.

Ur blog is great!

SouthernBella said...

@BrownEyedBookworm,

Thanks! Tell a friend! LOL

Boricua said...

I just received this wig yesterday and couldnt wait to put it on loved it!! I think I have a new addiction!

SouthernBella said...

@Boricua- I hope you love Tammy as much as I do!! I've got 4 of them in all, but I've only worn one. I need the extra's just in case...LOL

Thanks for the comment, and for subscribing to my blog. WELCOME!!

dawny64 said...

Thank you so much for the info and the pic. I love the wig on you and it looks so nice. I hear you as far as the transition for I have not permed in 2 yrs and all i can do is wigs but I need something to blend with my natural wave. Thanks again....

SouthernBella said...

@ Dawny- Thanks for the compliment. Tammy is my signiture hair! Wow! You haven't relaxed for TWO years!??! You are my HERO!! March is my one year anniversery, I hope to transition for at least 2 1/2 years. Wigs are helping me SOOOO MUCH!! By the way, are you transitioning? Or fully natural?

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for the comment! :)

Anonymous said...

i definitely enjoy your writing kind, very exciting.
don't quit and keep posting considering the fact that it simply just that is worth to read it,
impatient to looked over a whole lot more of your current content pieces, good bye ;)