Saturday, February 13, 2010

Random Musings....

Hey Bellas,

I know my posting has been sporadic lately. Mainly because I haven't done or tried anything new. I've been using the same products, following the same regimen, and wearing the same wig (my beloved Tammy) since January. I realized this morning, that next month will be my one year anniversary! It will have been a year since my last relaxer! Wow....time flies! I am so proud of myself. My decision to "go natural" was more of an experiment on my part than anything else. In all honesty, I'm surprised I lasted this long. I talked a good game....trying to sound confident in my decision.  But in reality, I wasn't 100% convinced I could leave relaxers behind. So, just like my friends and family, I've been in "wait & see" mode this past year. Waiting to see what my natural hair looks and feels like. I have almost 7 inches of new growth! It's AMAZING!

Thankfully, the more my hair grows, the more comfortable I am with my decision. This year, I'll continue on my transitioning journey. I'll continue protecting my hair under wigs until I end my transition sometime in May 2011. Hopefully, the way that I'm choosing to transition will help someone else as they consider transitioning. I am by no means trying to convert anyone, however, choosing to transition, and sticking with it, has been one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself.

Be Well Bellas,
More Content Coming Soon....

No comments: