Saturday, February 27, 2010

Product Review- ELF Natural & Dramatic Lashes

Hey Bellas,



I've been wearing these lashes for about a month. The Natural lashes are shorter, but more defined. The Dramatic lashes are longer, and more.......dramatic! LOL Before I continue with this review, I first must say that the glue that is included with these lashes is CRAP! Use this glue only if you love being frustrated and have a lot of time to waste. Now....on with the review:

*How much are they? & Where did you get them?- They are $1 a pack, and I buy them in bulk (14 pairs at a time) at Dollar General stores.
*Are they easy to apply?- With the help of a Lash Applicator, these lashes are fairly easy to apply. It takes practice, patience, and a steady hand, but the payoff is worth it. Instead of using the ELF glue, I use Ardell Lash Glue, it dries clear and is easy to apply.
*How do you apply the lashes?
****Before you apply your lashes, make sure that they fit your eye properly. If they are too long, cut them. Also, line your eyes with a black liner before and after you apply the lashes. This will allow the lash band to be unnoticeable.**********
1. Place the lash inside a lash applicator/holder.
2. Distribute a very small amount of the lash glue on a clean surface (I use a small mirror). Dip a clean toothpick in the glue, and apply a thin line of the glue to the lash band.
3. While holding the lash in the applicator, allow the glue to dry for 30 seconds to 1 minute in order for the glue to get tacky. Pay special attention to the ends of the lashes, because this is where lifting occurs.
4. Close your eye, and starting at the inside corner of your upper lash, tilt the applicator until it is parallel with your upper lash. Apply the lash carefully as close to your lash line as possible.
5. After the lashes have dried for 5 minutes, I curl them with a heated eyelash curler, and apply an obscene amount of  black mascara. I find that the mascara allows my natural lashes and the false lashes to blend easier.
6. And lastly, I use my NYX felt tip black eyeliner to fill in any spots on my lash line where the lash band is noticeable.

And there you have it, these lashes are affordable enough to be worn everyday, and with practice, applying them can be done very quickly! I love them! As always, I hope this review was informative and helpful. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment.

Be Well,
Southern Bella

No comments: