Saturday, May 22, 2010

While listening to Sade...



Hey Bellas,

I'm back! Finals are O-V-E-R! And thus ends the most taxing, infuriating, and challenging semester of my college career! Hallelujah! I had two weeks between the end of my Spring Semester, and the beginning of my Summer semester. One down, one to go. Last week I spent my time decompressing! I didn't go anywhere for 6 days straight! I've spent my time reading, online shopping, baking for my family, spoiling Max, listening to Sade, and watching DVD's of The Big Bang Theory & the last 6 new episodes of LOST on my DVR! I've had a BLAST!

My hair is a MESS, and I don't care! I haven't even thought about putting on my wig. I literally look like a wild women. But after all the weeks of studying I had to do in order to pass my statistics class, my appearance is the LAST thing I'm worried about. So, far be it for me to do any product reviews, when my hair is obviously in need of help and prayer. LOL

However, I can make some other recommendations. For those of you who like history and/or romance novels, allow me to introduce you to the author Beverly Jenkins. I have been devouring her novels for the past week (I have 5 more on the way), and let me tell you, she is the TRUTH! So interesting, so romantic, so exciting! You will not be disappointed! Here's a link to her Amazon Page. I started off with Indigo. I own and have read HUNDREDS of African American Fiction, however Indigo, by Beverly Jenkins is the BEST book I've ever read. PERIOD!

Let's see.....I think that's all I wanted to share....so, if you've been wondering what Southern Bella's been up to, I've been vegging out.....doing absolutely nothing....and loving every minute of it! LOL

So, I hope all is well with you and yours. And I'll be back soon with some product reviews when I decide to stop looking like a crazy woman, and actually do something with my hair! :)

No comments: