Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Favorite Finds of 2009!

This year I have been fortunate enough to find many products (both hair and beauty) that have become indispensable to me. So, I thought as this year draws to a close, I should rank them and share them with you. So, now, here is 10-6 of my favorite finds of 2009.

10. Goody’s Ouchless Comfort-Flex Updo Barrettes ($3)


These clips are made of plastic, but are amazingly strong and durable. They are large enough to secure the thickest mane, while still being comfortable. There is absolutely no pulling, snagging, or tension on your hair at all. But, my all-time favorite feature is that it lies completely flat against my head, therefore I can sleep in it and forget that it’s there. I love it!

9. Elf Makeup Brushes ($1-$3)


I discovered these brushes at my local Dollar Store, and I must say, they are amazing!! They are sturdy, durable, and hella inexpensive! I mean they are between 1-3 BUCKS! You can’t beat that with a stick! I searched a 30 mile radius, and managed to find/buy all 12 of the brushes, and a few extras of my favorites! These brushes are well worth the effort to find. They make applying makeup a BREEZE!

8. B&BW “Sleep” Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub ($16)

This scrub is an oldie but a goody. I’ve been using it consistently for about 8 or 9 years now. I use it EVERY Sunday night as a part of my weekly spa routine. I use it to exfoliate my entire body. The sugar smoothes off the dead skin, and the sunflower, safflower, sweet almond and jojoba oils leave my skin silky smooth. I go through a jar a month, so using it can get kinda expensive, however I offset the cost by asking for Bath and Body Works gift cards for Christmas and Birthday presents from friends and family that don’t know what to get me. LOL. I rarely have to buy this scrub for myself.

7. LA Colors 12 Color Eye shadow Palette in Traditional ($1)


Yet another Dollar Store find, this palette is by far the most surprising item I found this year. I bought it as a fluke, but I’ve been raving about it ever since. The colors are neutral enough to wear every day, and even though they are a little shimmery, you don’t end up looking like a disco ball by the end of the day. The pigments are deep and concentrated so a little goes a long way. All the women on my Christmas list will be getting one of these palettes in their stockings!

6. BonneBelle Glimmer Bronze in Gold ‘n Glitz ($3)


Yet another oldie but goodie. I first started using this bronzer about 10 years ago. However, about 2 years ago I couldn’t find it anymore. But this summer I stumbled upon it at Wal-Mart. BonneBelle had changed the packaging but it was thankfully the same beautiful gold shimmer dust inside. I use this bronzer on my body, not my face. I sprinkle a little on a huge, fluffy brush, and dust my neck, chest, and arms in a golden, shimmery, fairy dust. It makes my skin look like it’s glowing, and gives me the appearance of a year round island tan.


Stay tuned for my remaining Top Finds of 2009!

Oh, and let me know what you think of 10-6. What are some of your favorite finds of 09?

No comments: