Sunday, September 27, 2009

Transitioning Update & Big Annoucement!!

Hey Bella's!!


Hope all is going well in your world. School is B-A-N-A-N-A-S, but I'm hanging in there!! Marketing Degree here I come!! Anyhoo, I was about to blow out my new growth yesterday, and I realized that my hair has made a lot of progress. To me, this growth seems to have happened all of a sudden, but since I've been transitioning since March, I was bound to see some definite progress by now. I was so shocked that I grabbed my camera, and took a pic:




I'm so proud of myself!! Transitioning isn't easy, but I haven't regretted it yet! However, the upkeep (shampooing, deep conditioning, blow drying, & flat ironing) is really time consuming......so I have decided to switch it up! I'm getting a WIG!! Yep, I am really stepping out of the box with this one! I'm going wig shopping next week and I’m super excited!


Wigs seem to be the natural progression for me. I like to wear my hair down, so buns and updo's aren't really an option for me. But at the same time, I'm really getting tired of dedicating 4-5 hours every Sunday to doing my hair. Wigs will allow me to protective style, while still being able to wear "my" hair free and flowing.

These are some of the styles I'm thinking about:


And this one too!!

As you can see, I definitely have a style. I figured that these styles would make blending my real hair in, a little easier (since they are half wigs.) Lace front wigs would be a great option, but I’m kinda scared of the tape and glue element associated with them. Also, I have yet to see a lace front wig in person that looked natural. And since this is my first try at fake hair, I decided that an $18 investment would be for the best, just in case I don't like wearing a wig.


So, Bella's what do you think? What's your wig experience? Any advice?

Be Fabulous & Happy Growing!
-SouthernBella

2 comments:

Tee said...

Gr8 idea, half wigs are a life saver esp when protective styling, they can add some diversity. Love the choices

Marci said...

Glad your enjoying your transitioning. I have no experience with wigs, but this seems like a great alternative, especially since I am in school as well and hair is time consuming. I am curious as well to know what others experience have been. Good luck!