Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Speaking of Coconut....Product Review- Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner

Hello All,

I had some spare time before class one day last week so of course I found myself all up and through my favorite store, ULTA. While I was browsing through the aisles, looking for nothing in particular I came across the words "Pure....Coconut....Oil....Conditioner!" Truly, these are some of my favorite words so I stopped in my tracks picked up the bottle. First I smelled it. Coconut smell? Check. Then I read the ingrediants. Protein free? Check. Then I checked the price. Below $10? Check. In my basket it went. And now,  72 hours later, here is my review for Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner.

Your FAQ:

*How much was it? $5.99 for 16.9oz @ Ulta

*Girl, what's in it? aqua, cetearyl alcohol, stearalkonium cholride, cetrimonium choride, coconut oil, fragrance, magnesium nitrate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, magnesium choride, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid.

*What does it claim to do? "Smoothes hair & adds shine. Contains 100% Pure Coconut Oil to smooth and nourish dry, damaged hair. Super-rich, yet light formula will leave hair glossy, shiny and superbly soft and manageable."

*Where can I find it? Ulta is the only place that I have ever seen this brand. It is imported from the UK, so you may have to search for it if you don't have an ULTA near you. ULTA for some reason doesn't even sell it in their online store. (Boo!)

*Directions from the bottle: "Massage into damp hair after shampooing. Leave in for 1-2 minutes then rinse thoroughly with warm water."

*My Personal Review:

First I did a quick shampoo with Keracare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo. After I rinsed the poo out I didn't towel dry my hair, I just squeezed the excess water out and applied the Inecto Conditioner to my hair in sections and pinned it up. After about 5 minutes I rinsed the conditioner out and detangled with my shower comb while using the shower stream to help the comb slide through. The comb slid through like a breeze!! My hair felt soft and moisturized even when it was dripping wet ( if that makes any sense.) I didn't use any leave in conditioner, I wanted to feel how my hair felt without anything else in it. I let my hair air dry overnight in flat twists. When I took my hair down the next morning my hair was soft, bouncy, shiny, and moisturized. Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner is a KEEPER!

By the way, this conditioner has a white color with a milky, kinda watery consistancy. And the smell is a cross between coconut and baby powder. (at least to me.)

*My Final Thoughts:

I like Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner more than I like Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner for the following reasons:

1. I prefer Inecto's squeeze bottle to the Organix bottle. I find it difficult to squeeze the Organix bottle with one hand. The design of the Organix bottle is awkward, especially when you're trying to get the last bit of conditioner out. Cowashing is supposed to be quick, with the Organix Conditioner I am always wrestling with the bottle.
2. The Inecto conditioner has a more natural coconut smell, the Organix kinda smells like imitation coconut extract or coconut candy. A little too.......pina colada-ish. LOL
3.The Price... Inecto is $5.99 for 16.9 oz, the Organix is $6.99 for 13 oz. Nuff Said!!!

So, if you want a moisturizing coconut smelling, yummy, cowashing conditioner, I recommend Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner. It's great! Bye-Bye Organix!

3 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Good to know. I'll definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!

Marci said...

Hey gurl, this is marci from Hairlista. Luv your reviews. I have recently fallen in luv with all things coconut so I will definitely be making my way towards Ulta.

Anonymous said...

yes i just bought this product today.
i have straight hair and have been experimenting with many different hair products for the past year...

recently my hair has become coarse and crunchy from a straight maximisation conditioner and i needed to find an intensive moisturising conditioner... went into the pharmacists and found this!

RESULT: much softer and manageable. extra shine very noticeable. however, overall effect not as good as expensive conditioners (of course). makes hair appear thick and soft as opposed to sleek and smooth.