Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just Plain Ol' Lazy!

(This pic is how I feel about deep conditioning my hair....)

Wig wearing has really made me lazy! I have gone from deep conditioning twice a week, to ONCE a month (maybe)! Gone are the days of steaming in conditioners, jumping in and out of the shower to rinse and repeat, and sitting under my hooded dryer. I'm even too lazy to wear my cordless heat cap! Wow.....how times have changed!

Thankfully, the cowashing and moisturizing that I do once a week has kept my hair in great shape. Surprisingly, my hair hasn't suffered at all from the lack of attention. This got me thinking about whether deep conditioning, is even necessary. Also, the term "healthy hair" has started to spark my interest. We all know that hair is dead, therefore, how can something that's dead be healthy? Just pondering......

I can't really say that my revelation of being "hair lazy" will prompt me to change my ways. I really just don't have the time to devote to the process of deep conditioning as often as I once could. To make me feel better about abandoning my weekly deep conditioning sessions, I found this article, that backs up my laziness. It's from the wonderful website http://www.longhairdontcare.net/ and the article is titled, "There's no such thing as Deep Conditioning???" Very interesting.....and worth the read!

2 comments:

Rosh said...

idk about the article and all, but i think listening to our hair's needs and developing a regimen around that is the most important. for example, i find my favorite products thru trial and error, but instead of having a daily/weekly schedule, i go through whatever routine makes my hair feel better. so if i don't need protein for three months, i don't do a protein treatment for three months. it also saves money replacing products

SouthernBella said...

@Bad}Me{Good- Great Points! :)