Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wig Wearing Regimen

Hello Bellas!

Talk about low maintenance!! Since I started wearing wigs my regimen is simpler, my product-junkie-ism has decreased DRAMATICALLY, my breakage has ceased, and the overall health of my hair is 100% better!!

Here's my Wig-Wearing Regimen:


SUNDAY NIGHT

1. Shampoo with diluted Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo (once)
2. Deep Condition with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (with heat cap for 30 mins)
3. Co-wash and detangle with Aussie Moist
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
5. Spray damp hair with either: Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin, or Chi Keratin Spray, or Nioxin Thermal Bliss (whichever is closest)
6. Blow dry on cool setting until hair is about 80% dry.
7. Apply Shea butter in sections, part hair down the middle, French braid hair in two braids, pin the ends up, and cover with a satin cap.

MONDAY-THURSDAY MORNING

1. Take off satin cap, and spray hair with diluted Aussie Moist or rub Shea butter over the braids.
2. Gel my edges back with either Eco Styling Gel, or Designer Touch Finishing Gel (which is a pain in the butt to find!), put on my wig cap and my wig and GO!!!

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY EVENING

1. Take off wig and wig cap.
2. Spray braids with diluted Aussie Moist or rub Shea butter over the braids.
3. Put on satin cap, and go to sleep.

THURSDAY EVENING (light protein day)

1. Take down braids and co-wash with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In (let sit for about 5 mins & rinse)
2. Co-wash with Aussie Moist (let sit for about 5 mins) and detangle with shower comb while rinsing.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
4. Spray damp hair with either: Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin, Chi Keratin Spray, or Nioxin Thermal Bliss (whichever is closest)
5. Blow dry on cool setting until hair is about 80% dry.
6. Apply Shea butter in sections, part hair down the middle, French braid hair in two braids, pin the ends up, and cover with a satin cap.

FRIDAY & SATURDAY

1. Either I do nothing with my hair, or I do Thursday's regimen without the protein.

*****************************************************************************

This may not seem like a low-maintenance regimen, but for me, any regimen that doesn’t involve blowing out my new-growth, and flat ironing my hair, is low-maintenance. I love being a wig-wearer. It’s the perfect protective style for me.

 Oh, if you're interested, this is the wig that I wore last week:



She's a wet and wavy style. I don't wear any of my hair out with this wig, I just slick my hair back, but on my wig cap & wig, and cover the welt with a headband. I love being able to do that! No rollers, or styling needed!

Am I a wiggaholic yet? LOL

Be Well Bella's,
-Southern Bella

P.S- To my new subscribers, WELCOME!!

No comments: